I hope all is well and you are staying healthy. I miss you very much! As we get things set up, you can work on the 4 Pillars assignment. If you don't have the sheets (they should be in your binder under Government) you can reprint them using the link at the top. The rubric and websites we explored in class are there as well. Remember we already did one example together. As well, please try and read 20 minutes each day. You will be very proud of me and all of the new technology I am doing! It is hard without your help :)
The Calgary Public Library is a great resource. With your parent’s permission, sign up for one if you do not already have one! You can access the Calgary Public Library directly from the Brightspace Homepage, where our blog is and click on Other Tools. The CPL is the first in the drop down box. Click and sign-up. If you already have a card, find the link in Brightspace. Then click on Read, Learn & Explore / Digital Library / Kids. You can explore Libby (books), Kanopy (film), eReading, Flipster (magazine), and many more cool resources.
6-1 Class code XFVCG7
6-2 Class code PADK6G
1. Independent Book Study- Due Monday. We will have time for Writing Checklist and organizing your study on Monday. Last class time will be tomorrow to finish the writing/graphic organizers.
2. Online orders for Spring photos are due March 16th.
1. French quizzes were handed back today.
1. Links for the Nelson text book (Democracy, Ancient Athens, Iroquois Confederacy) are at the bottom of the Mission Possible task in the Homework folder.
2. Iroquois Confederacy test tomorrow.
3. Custom hoodies (white or black) went home today.
1. Spring Photos went home. Orders are due March 16th and need to be made online.
1. French test Monday- Make sure you know sur, en face, au coin, pres for the oral part of the test.
2. Iroquois Confederacy test on Wed. March 11th (see your notes).
1. Monday March 9- French quiz (places, verb Aller - positive and negative.)
1. Child Care Tax Receipts went home today.
1. Finish your Independent Book Study book for Monday and have it at school.
1. Greek Projects went home.
2. Pink Shirt Day tomorrow. Show support for anti-bullying!
3. Read 20 minutes/day at home to finish your Independent Reading book. It is important that the book is here each day so please remember to bring it back to school if you take it home.
1. School Picture Day is tomorrow.
1. Hangar Flight Museum Field trip Monday. Bring water, a snack and a lunch that does not require hot water or heating up.
2. Tuesday Feb. 25th is school picture day.
1. Field trip form and online payment are due tomorrow.
1. No school Thursday and Friday (Teacher Convention) and Monday (Family Day). See you Tuesday!
2. Please return field trip forms and pay online by Feb. 20th.
3. Happy (early) Valentine's Day!
1. Hanger Museum forms went home today. Parents- Please pay online and email Mrs. Reid if you can volunteer. Thank you!
2. Spring pictures notice went home.
1. Mrs. Reid is looking for volunteers to come on our Hanger Flight Museum field trip (forms will come next week). We are going on Monday February 24th. Please email if you can join us!
1. Screenagers Reflection is due tomorrow. See Homework file in Google for questions.
1. Great job on your Wellness Challenge 6-2! You should be proud of taking care of yourselves! We will record up to February 12th but hope that you keep up wellness goals (both the ones you did and any new ones you add).
1. Screenagers reflection due this Friday.
1. Grade 6 skiers- Drop off any equipment in the aux. gym and report to Homeroom as usual for attendance tomorrow. You are going to have a great day!!
2. No school for students Friday. Term 2 begins Monday!