1. Spring Concert tickets went home!
2. Field Trip Forms - VOLUNTEERS needed!
3. Math test today! They'll go home tomorrow!
1. Field Trip forms! We are going to Telus Spark Science Centre on April 18th with Mrs. Smith's. We require 10 parent volunteers (5 from each class) in order to meet the requirements of student to adult ratio for the Science Centre. Please let us know ASAP if you are able to volunteer and have the proper security clearance.
2. Spring Concert Thursday, April 11th. Please return green form for tickets by tomorrow.
1. New homework
2. Gr. 6s vs. Teacher basketball tomorrow afternoon!
3. Concession Stand
4. CAN'T WAIT for the half time show!!!!!
5. No School Friday
1. Field Trip Friday - please refer to the email that was sent out yesterday.
2. Conference Manager opens tomorrow morning - please see the email about Student Led Conferences
1. "Think Pink" - wear pink or red to support kindness - #choosekind
1. We were privileged to watch "We are all Treaty People" by Quest Theatre today. What does the word Treaty mean to you? Tell your parents about the story. How did the Trickster play a role in Alanna and Maya's friendship?
2. We participated in a Round Dance today after the performance.
3. No school Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :) from Cam.
4.Pink Shirt Day on Wednesday - "Think Pink"
1. This morning we reflected on our time at the Military Museum through object-based learning. Let me show you! (Visual Journal)
2. Donations for Humane Society - Donations due by end of March
3. We are Treaty People on Feb. 25th
4. Pink Shirt Day Feb. 27
1. Field Trip tomorrow - peanut free lunch - bring a water bottle, snacks - eat a BIG breakfast
1. Valentine's Celebration tomorrow - Warm Fuzzies
2. Humane Society Donations - Empathy and animals - Look at posters to see what you can bring in!
3. No School Thursday, Friday and Monday!
1. Please return Military Museum field trip forms with money
2. Empathy study - show your parents the videos - footprint art
3. Tomorrow is our French Festival
1. NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!
2. Field Trip Forms due Monday - $50.00 for cost of field trip - you can pay online
3. Writing homework - complete story middle if you did not in class
4. Today we started talking about empathy. Ask me about it!
1. Targeted Math lessons for multiplication strategies - 7 times tables, word problems, single by multi-digit multiplication and 2-digit by 2-digit multiplication
2. Please ensure you are practicing your basic facts using the 'At-Home Multiplication' packages
3. Story writing - Mad Scientist stories - we are working on our middle!
4. Please return Report Card Envelopes and Ski Field Trip Forms
5. NEW Social Studies projects!
1. Ski Field Trip Forms - return by Feb. 4th
2. Return Report Card Envelope
3. French Carnival has been postponed to February 8th.
4. Recorders sent home today for practice
1. Please sign and return Report Card envelope
2. French Carnival on Friday
1. Report Cards went home today
- please review the Report Card Indicator prior to reading through your child's Report Card
-check out the Growth Mindset guide as well :)
2. Carnival (French Canadian Celebration) on Friday! Crepes and Poutine will be provided if you would like a snack!
1. Social Studies Inquiry Projects - Do you have anything you need to work on?
2. Report Card Email went home yesterday - Review Report Card Indicator with your parents
3. Typing Club - Learn how to touch type!
4. Math Test on Monday - Geometry
Happy New Year!
1. Report Cards will go home January 21st
2. Geometry quizzes went home. Please return signed.
3. Please return Recorder forms and Chimes (optional) forms
4. Please review the "Report Card Indicator Legend" to understand the levels used on the Report Cards.
Report Card Indicator Legend
Not meeting - 1
- shows limited understanding of the concepts taught
- requires support using the knowledge and skills taught in learning tasks
- can be successful when they have practiced and/or have participated in similar learning situations before.
Basic – 2
- shows an acceptable and foundational understanding of the concept
- uses knowledge and skills taught to participate in common learning tasks
- is successful in familiar learning situations
Good – 3
- shows a detailed and strong understanding of the concept taught
- uses knowledge and skills taught to participate in a variety of learning tasks.
- is successful in familiar and new learning situations
Excellent – 4
- shows a thorough understanding of the concept and can make fine distinctions
- uses knowledge and skills to participate in complex learning tasks
- is successful in new, diverse, and unique learning situations
1. Homework - continue multiplication package
1. Thank you email went out today
2. Multiplication package homework - please focus on this and establish a routine
1. Please book a conference :)