1. Mad Minute 6
2. Read for 30 minutes -log
3. Physical Education workout video due Friday - log 25 minute workout in diary
4. Practice Practice Practice Paragraph 2 due today - please submit this in "Practice Practice Practice Paragraph " assignment folder.
5. Figurative Language Practice Assignment due today - please submit in the correct assignment folder " Figurative Language Practice Assignment"
1. L6 Texbook question 4 due today - please upload this into the correct assignment folder
2. Social unit final tomorrow - Consists of 30 multiple choice questions
3. Read for 30 minutes - log
4. Physical Education - 25 minute workout video - Log
5. Create your own workout routine that is 5 minutes long - record and upload - due Friday
6. Mad Minute 6 due Friday
1. Read for 30 minutes - log
2. Physical Activity - 25 minute workout - log
3. Create you own workout video - must be 5 minutes - due Friday
4. Practice Practice Practice Paragraph 1 due today
5. Mad Minute 6
6. Social Unit Final on Thursday - 30 multiple choice - review
1. Create a powerpoint/Google slide presentation titled Deciduous or Coniferous?
2 .Include a picture of all the trees listed on your worksheet (1 picture per slide) and label if it is deciduous or coniferous
3. The last two slides, should be a picture of YOU with a deciduous and a coniferous tree! It is really important to take this opportunity and examine the trees. Look at the bark patterns, branching patterns, and the leaves/needles!
4. Read for 30 mins- log
1. Complete questions 2, 3, and 4 from the textbook on pg. 26 and the Lesson 5 Assignment. Please upload all the files in the assignment folder that is labelled "L5 Assignment Plotting Points on a Coordinate Grid! "
2. Mad Minute 6
1. Physical Activity - 25min workout!
Please have the following material printed off and placed into your subject specific binders for the week of October 19th - October 23rd
1. Lesson 5 Textbook Plotting Points on a Coordinate Grid
2. L5 Assignment Plotting Points on a Coordinate Grid
3. Lesson 6 Textbook Drawing the Graph of a Pattern
4. L6 Assignment Drawing the Graph of a Pattern
5. 1cm grid paper X4
1. Parts of A Tree Booklet
2. Coniferous or Deciduous Tree Booklet
1. Alliteration Booklet 7
2. Figurative Language Practice
3. Paragraph Writing Booklet 1
Nothing to Print!
1. Social Studies - Viewpoints
Please make sure you read pg. 20-21, "Should cellphones be allowed in class?" Complete the viewpoint worksheet and record your responses to the last 3 questions and submit in the assignment folder. If the allotted time to recored is only 1 minute, you can record your audio or video separately and upload the file!
2. Complete Personification Quiz online due today at 3pm
3. Read for 30 min-log
4. Physical Activity - Deck of Cards - log
5. Paragraph Writing Assignment 1 -Write a paragraph about something that you did over the summer. - Must be handwritten and submitted into the correct assignment folder!
6. Onomatopoeia Story - Write a short story using as many onomatopoeias as you can!
1. You need to complete the assignment "Using Variables to Describe Patterns," (front and back) + the textbook questions 4 and 5 on page 23. Once you have completed this assignment, upload both assignments to the the same folder labelled "Using Variables to Describe Patterns Assignment!" It is due by 1pm!
2. Mad Minute 5
3. Read 30 min - log
4. Physical Activity - Deck of Cards challenge - log
5. Social Studies power point or Google slide presentations - New Canadians- due tomorrow
6. Complete the Science in the News quiz! - Read the article on the homepage, and answer the questions in the quiz!
1. Read for 30 minutes -log
2. Physical Activity - Deck of Cards - log
3. Upload Physical Activity and Reading Logs for ( October 5th-11th)
4. Social Studies "New Canadians," - project due Thursday!
5. Mad Minute 5
6. Read Theory - 3 Quizzes
7. Personify It! Please submit today by 3pm.
Please make sure you print off all the material and put the assignments in the correct subject specific binders!
1. Lesson 4: Using Variables to Describe Patterns
2. Lesson 4 Assignment: Using Variables to Describe Patterns
3. Extra Practice
1. Fungus, Lichen and Conks: Who Am I?
1. Booklet 1: Society's Rules
2. Booklet 2: Democracy
1. Booklet 5 : What is personification?
2. Booklet 6: What is Onomatopoeia?
1. Read for 30 minutes - log
2. Physical Activity - Name workout - log
3. Read Theory - Complete 3 quizzes today!
4. Submit "Make it Hyperbole," worksheet into the correct assignment folder
5. Submit "Writing expressions and Isolating Variables," extra practice sheet into the correct assignment folder
6. Mad Minute 4
7. No school Friday or Monday....lucky ducks!
1. Mad Minute 4
2. Read for 30 minutes - log
3. Physical Activity - Name workout - log
4. Complete, "Writing Equations for Word Problems," and submit to assignment folder
5. Social Unit Final - Chapter 1 - Please review all your notes and assignments for review - The test will consist of 4 written responses, and 4 multiple choice. You will be given 70 minutes to complete the test online.
1. Mad Minute 4 due Friday
2. Read for 30 minutes and log
3. Physical Activity - Name workout - Log on tracking sheet
4. Science quiz tomorrow - Levels of the Forest and Food Chains/Webs
5. Social Unit Test on Thursday - Chapter 1
6. Complete Draw that Idiom worksheet and submit to folder
7. Read Theory - 3 quizzes today!
1. Please submit your reading logs and physical activity diary sheets for the week of September 28th - October 2nd today!
2. Isolating Variables Multiplication and Division - Submit homework to assignment folder!
3. Read for 30 minutes
4. Complete Physical Activity Challenge - Name workout!
5. Mad Minute 4 Due Friday!
6. Review science - Levels of the Forest - and Food Chains/Web - Quiz Wednesday! Play the Food Chain Game...it will help!
Please have the following material printed off and placed into your subject specific binders for the week of October 5th - October 9th
1. Writing Equations for Word Problems
1. Food Chains/Food Webs Booklet 5
2. Nutrient and Water Cycle Booklet 6
1. What is a Idiom? Booklet 3
2. What is a Hyperbole? Booklet 4
1. Pillars of Democracy Booklet 4
1. Please complete Fairness and Equity and Equality questions- (5 questions) from booklet 3 and complete the question " Explain fairness and equity in your own words. What are other examples of fairness and equity and equality?" from booklet 1! Due Friday at 3pm!
2. Complete Verb-Based Metaphors and upload the assignment by 3pm!
3. Read for 30 minutes and log
4. Please log onto Read Theory and complete 3 reading comprehension quizzes!
5. Remember to get your physical activity completed today - This or That Tabata!
6. Small group meeting discussions tomorrow - check your times...and I will see you tomorrow!
7. Levels of the Forest Pictures due tomorrow!
1. Complete Isolating Variables + and submit to assignment folder
2. Complete Isolating Variables - and submit to assignment folder
3. Check out the food chain game on the activity feed to learn more about Producers, Consumers, and Decomposers!
4. Levels of the Forest Assignment Expectations
* Clearly label and identify each level of the forest
* Label 1 plant and 1 animal in each layer
* In your drawing, make sure you demonstrate how abiotic and biotic factors interact on each level of the forest
5. Science Quiz Forest Ecosystem Quiz 1 Due today - NOT OPEN BOOK!
6. Complete Mad Minute 3
7. Read for 30 minutes and log
8. Complete your Physical Education Diary for the day - This or That Tabata!
1. Log onto readtheory.org and sign up for an account. The class code is KQPSTYHM to join Mrs. Sharma's class. You will read a story and answer 8 questions independently. You will have 20 minutes to complete this pretest and then you must complete one additional test!
2. Read for 30 minutes and log
3. Review all social studies notes - 3 ways to make a decision - If you were absent, the video is posted in the content link, under Video of the Week.
4. Mad Minute 3 due Friday
5. Writing Similes worksheet is due today at 3pm - please upload into the assignment folder!
6. Complete your Physical Activity Diary for the day - This or That Tabata!
7. Remember to wear an orange shirt for Orange Shirt Day
1. Reflection Question 1 due today at 3pm! Remember...you are the teacher and I am the student! Do your best job to explain how input and output machines work!
2. Read for 30 minutes and log into your log books!
3. Mad Minute 3 due Friday
4. Review all science vocabulary terms and Master 2 - Quiz on Wednesday!
5. Complete physical activity for Monday - This or That Tabata workout!