1. Unit test of Air, Aerodynamics and Flight on Friday, April 3rd. Study guide shared in google drive homework folder. Please also use your notes, labs, flight journal and glossary to help you prepare.
2. Math Homework 24 is on Google Drive. It is due Thursday, March 19.
3. Reminder that next Thursday is a Friday Schedule.
1. Reminder that Homework 23 is due on Thursday, March 12.
2. Congratulations on all your hard work as part of the paper airplane challenge. The airtime trials went fantastically today. Looking forward to the distance trials tomorrow.
1. Please bring any scrap paper from home for our science project. It would be much appreciated.
2. Homework 22 is on Google Drive. It is due on Thursday, March 5th.
1. We are starting a Paper Plane Challenge in Science. Your homework for this weekend is to research different types of paper airplanes. Please note that your final planes MUST be your own design.
1. Homework 21 is up on Google Drive. It is due Thursday, February 27.
2. 6-1: Reminder that Field Trip forms need to be returned by Thursday, Feb 27. Fees must also be paid by the 27th.
3. Special Events next week:
Tuesday Feb 25: Spring Photos
Wednesday, Feb 26: Pink Shirt Day
Thursday, Feb 27: Special Lunch
1. Field Trip Forms for our Hangar Flight Museum trip on Wednesday, March 4 went home today. Please sign, return, and pay field trip fees by Thursday, February 27.
2. We are looking for at least two volunteers with police clearance to come with us on the trip. If you are interested please email email@example.com
3. Homework #20 is avaliable on Google Drive. It is due on Thursday, February 20.
1. Homework 19 is due on Wednesday, February 12. It is up on Google Drive.
2. Field trip forms for 6-1's upcoming trip to the Hangar Flight Museum will be going home next Tuesday. We will be going on March 4th. If any parents are interested in volunteering please contact Ms. O at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that 6-2 will be going on a different day.
3. Special lunch tomorrow.
4. Remember Thursday and Friday are teacher convention and Monday is Family Day. Enjoy your long weekend!
Term 2 Started today! Students in Music now take CTF. Students in Band no longer take Fine Arts and will also take CTF.
1. Homework 18 is up on Google Drive. It is due Thursday, February 6.
2. We are starting a research project in Science. You will have 4 classes to work on this project.
1. Math Homework #17 was handed out in class on Friday. Please note that there is no digital copy. It is due on Thursday, Jan. 30.
2. Reminder that the ski trip is Thursday, Jan 30.
1. Homework 16 is available on Google Drive. It is due on Thursday, January 23.
2. Powerschool has been updated with recent marks for assignments and check-ins in Math and Science.
1. Thank you all for a great first week back.
2. Homework 15 is due on Thursday, January 16th.
3. Today we talked about our Month of Wellness Challenge and four areas that will be focusing on. We will be recording the acts of wellness completing from January 13th to February 13th. For Monday, make sure that you have your 15 acts of wellness (social, emotional, physical, and intellectual) written down and at school. Your goal is to complete one act of wellness each day.
Have a fantastic winter break! See you on January 7th.
1. Congratulations to all of our Raptor Rally Contestants. Remember we will be cheering on our class tomorrow at the championship!
2. Math Homework 14 is due tomorrow.
3. Tomorrow is locker clean-out. Make sure to bring everything that you don't need at school home with you.
4. Tomorrow is the last day of school before the break. We will have a pep rally tomorrow, remember to bring any materials that you need to "Dress-up Your Teacher".
1. Science Tests were returned today and marks will be uploaded on Powerschool tomorrow.
2. We are starting a project in Science relating to Air and Aerodynamics. Students are asked to bring in recycled materials to build their air powered vehicle.
Our timeline for the project is:
Wednesday thru Friday -- Planning, feedback, finalize design, building
Monday and Tuesday Next Week -- Testing and Adjustments
Wednesday, December 18 Next Week -- RAPTOR RALLY!
Thursday, December 19 Next Week -- CHAMPIONSHIPS!
3. Homework 13 is due on Thursday, December 12.
1. Reminder that our Evidence and Investigation Test is on Friday, December 6th. A document outlining the topics and key vocabulary is on Google Drive in the Homework Folder. Please use your notes and labs to help you study. Remember the test will focus on application style questions rather than memorization.
2. Reminder that our Evidence and Investigation Labs are due on Friday, December 6th. Please use the Rubric to help you make sure you are meeting expectations.
3. Reminder that Homework 12 is due on Thursday, December 5th.
1. We will be having our Evidence and Investigation unit test on Friday, December 6th. A document with key vocabulary and concepts have been shared with you in Google Drive. Please use your notes and labs to help you study for the test.
2. Math homework #11 is due on Thursday, November 28th.
3. All Evidence and Investigation Labs (Chromatography, Fabric Analysis, Fingerprinting, Handwriting Analysis, and Footprints) will be collected on Friday, December 6th.
1. Homework 10 is due on Thursday, November 22.
1. Reminder that your Math Homework 8 is due tomorrow and that your Youthlink Visual Journal Page is due on Friday.
2. West Ridge's Remembrance Day Ceremony is tomorrow at 10:30. Please remember to be respectful and silent throughout the ceremony and transitions to and from the classroom.
3. We will be doing our first lab for Evidence and Investigation tomorrow. Please remember to bring a hair tie if you have long hair and wear closed toe shoes. Safety First!
1. Math Homework 8 is up on Google Drive. It is due on Thursday, November 7th.
2. Students have had time to work on their YouthLink visual journal pages in class. If you would like more time feel free to come in at lunch and add more. Journal Pages are due Friday, November 8th.
3. Our Remembrance Day Ceremony is on Thursday, November 7th.
1. Reminder that homework 7 is due tomorrow, October 31.