Hope you are all having a wonderful week. Just few notes about what we have been doing and what is coming up.
1. Terry Fox Run is tomorrow at 12:00-12:30 we will be having an assembly before the run at 11:15. Please bring a toonie for Terry to help us raise money for cancer research.
2. We have finished up the SLA assessments I will have the results to share with parents when we meet in November for PT interviews.
3. In math students have continued to focus on measurement with Ms. Fraser. The are beginning to explore the concept of perimeter
4. We have started creating All About Me stories on the computers using a program called story jumper. I will share thier story jumper passwords and usernames with you next week so you can login and check out their books.
5. We have been exploring the Circle of Courage and learned a little about all of the places we belong after reading the story " We are Here" we brainstormed that we belong on the planet, in Calgary, Chaparral, our school, grade 3, our classroom, sports teams, families, etc. We are also exploring the concept of independence by reading the book "We are All Wonders"
6. Our first field trip will be November 20th it will be a while until we send home field trip forms however if you know you like to volunteer please ensure your police security clearance is completed by checking with the office.
7. We watched a video about structures and learned there are man-made and natural structures all around us. We went outside to sketch and label man-made vs natural structures yesterday.
I think that is all for now. Have a wonderful day.