I hope you all are ready for a long weekend and get to enjoy time with family and friends. Just a quick update before the weekend.
1. I am looking for volunteers to read with my reading groups starting next week. If have you police security clearance and would like to come in to read with groups please send me an email.
Our first book club time will be:
Wednesday, October 16th from 8:40-9:45.
Second will be Monday, October 21 from 9:15-10:15.
The third one will Wednesday October 23rd from 9:15-10:15.
We will continue to have book club on Monday's and Wednesday's however because of the rotating gym and music times the times before recess will be slightly adjusted to either 8:40-9:45 or 9:15-10:15 depending on if we happen to have gym before recess. If you are able to volunteer Mondays and Wednesdays before recess please let me know. We would love to have some help with building our decoding and comprehension skills.
2. No school Monday for Thanksgiving
3. This past week we started looking at artifacts and exploring what we "See, Think, and Wonder" about the artifacts. We also had some time to sketch them. We will do some more exploration of the artifacts in weeks to come.
4. We completed our All About Me books on Story Jumper. I will be printing them off and coiling them so students can read about each other and eventually bring their books home.
5. We created dream catchers after learning about the First Nations Legend of dream catchers. We learned that a number of First Nations tribes throughout North America created dream catchers to catch childrens bad dreams. We also did some writing about out dream catcher creations in our journals.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.