I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend. There is important information for this week. Please read through carefully.
I have some more homework for you tonight/tomorrow. We are bringing home our visual journals to show you the work we have completed so far. There are two sticky notes in our visual journals that show the two pages you need to fill out for us. Please return the visual journals by Thursday!!
1. Listen to my monster description, try to draw my monster without looking at mine from my description. Go through the checklist with me and give me two stars and a wish for my writing.
2. Spend some time with me going through the pages I have completed in my visual journal so far. Go to the page with the sticky note and check off that you have looked at the pages and discussed which page I am the most proud of. Give me two stars and a wish for my work in my visual journal.
****(Stars are compliments, two things I did well) (Wish one thing you want me to improve on)
3. We are going on a field trip on November 20th. Please find the field trip forms in the backpacks and return the forms by Friday.
4. Scholastic order forms were sent home last week. Please return them or fill them out online by November 21st.
5. We will be starting a Building Challenge. This week we will watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN0Wn0XgPXQ and design a blueprint of the Marble Run we plan to design. Students can work in partners, by themselves or in a group of 3. (We will be starting this and watching the video tomorrow)
****Please send in materials to start building their projects by Friday.Materials can be cardboard, wood bits, recyclables, plastic lids, etc. Our goal is to design a marble run that keeps the marble up for 1 minute!