Hi Parents and Class,
One of the things I want you to be working on daily regardless of me assigning it is reading. Ella (my daughter) and I read together before bed every night. In grade 3 we should be starting to focus on fluency of our reading which means to read clearly, with confidence and pause in the correct places. We are also starting to learn to read with expression.
One of the things I am missing very much from the classroom is spending time listening to everyone read.
I have posted anew "Must Do" task in the Literacy section of our Google Classroom that is due any time before May 21.
You have two options for this task:
1. Curl up with a stuffy or blanket and record a video of yourself reading a short story or a page or two from a chapter book before May 21! Once you have completed your recording please click "turn in."
2. Set up a time, before May 21, to do a private google meetswith me and read to me/ hang out/ with our stuffies and blankets! (Please email me to set up some times that may work for your child or they can tell me some times they want when we meet on our scheduled google meets if they choose option 2)
- I can attend to knowledge of capitalization, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and quotation marks
- I can confidently read unfamiliar words in context using various strategies
****I have marked and returned all of the work that was handed in last week
- Students who handed in their Animal Classification Paragraphs have comments and highlighted marks on their rubrics for the first paragraph.
- There were a few students who did not write the paragraph but handed it in- if this happened I just wrote a comment
- I have commented back to every student who submitted their Homonyms and Homophones Flipgrid task from last week.