- Home Reading:Mondays
- School Photos: October 9th - Please don’t be late for school that day because we are the first class scheduled. Thanks!
- No School:October 11th& 14th– PD day & Thanksgiving
- Fun Lunch:October 17th
- Popcorn Day:October 22nd
- Family Portrait Night:October 23rd
- Picture Re-takes: October 29th
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- For the science unit ‘Seasons’, we continued to discuss what happens in fall and we created a leaf visual journal page using fall colours. Our class learned about how animals prepare for winter and we wrote about what we learned.
- In writing, we are focusing on sounding out the beginning sound of a word and possibly the end sound. If they can identify more sounds, that’s great. Students are encouraged to use a period at the end of their sentences. We also learned about Terry Fox and wrote about who he was. Many students said that Terry was a hero and a great person.
- Students practiced printing the letter ‘o’ and ‘e’.
- In math, we printed the number ‘1’ and learned about the core of a pattern. The core is the beginning of a pattern before it starts to repeat itself.
- We read the poem “Fall” and practiced our five sight words during literacy centers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at: klLeblanc@cbe.ab.ca.
Thank you for reading!
Kelly LeBlanc ☺