Thank you for donating to our Terry Fox run. Our class raised 98 dollars! Our school raised a total of 1,220!
We are starting a new project called “All About Me”. Please have your child choose three objects that are meaningful to them. Some ideas include pictures, medals / awards, something they have made, or any other special object. We will keep these objects at school of a little while, as we make our way through each presentation. Please have your child bring in their objects anytime over the next week. Thank you!
- Home Reading:Mondays
- School Photos: October 9th- Please don’t be late for school that day because we are the first class scheduled. Thanks!
- No School:October 11th& 14th– PD day & Thanksgiving
- Fun Lunch:October 17th
- Popcorn Day:October 22nd
- Family Portrait Night:October 23rd
- Picture Re-takes: October 29th
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- In writing, we wrote about the story “When We Were Alone” and discussed what Orange Shirt Day means.
- We also wrote about a story called “Pumpkin Hill”.
- Students practiced printing the letter ‘a’. We used popsicle sticks this week as a strategy to help us make proper finger spaces.
- In Math, we practiced counting up to 100. We have also worked on printing numbers 0-9.
- We began working on literacy centers each morning. Students focus on practicing reading strategies, building sight word knowledge, and letter sounds.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at: klLeblanc@cbe.ab.ca.
Thank you for reading!
Kelly LeBlanc ☺