- Home Reading:Mondays
- Picture Re-takes: October 29th
- Halloween:More information to come
- No School:Nov. 1stPD day
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We completed a writing task focused on things we see at Halloween. This task was sent home today. Please review it with your child and discuss areas that they were successful.
- The students have enjoyed sharing their “All About Me” packages, as well as asking questions and sharing comments to other presenters.
- In Math, we introduced addition. We solved a number of equations using 2 different strategies: counting with math blocks and drawing pictures.
- In science, we are continuing to explore the question, “How does the world around us change in fall?” We are representing our understanding through art projects around the classroom. So far, we have created a tree with falling leaves and geese flying south. Next, we will be creating a bear getting ready for hibernation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at: klLeblanc@cbe.ab.ca.
Thank you for reading!
Kelly LeBlanc ☺