- Home Reading:Mondays
- Fun Lunch:Nov. 21st
- Parent-Teacher Conferences:Nov. 21st& 22nd- The office will send you an email when you can book your conference.
- No School:Nov. 22nd– PT Conferences
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- In writing, we completed a writing sample, ‘What happens in fall?’. We will discuss at conferences with a marked rubric. Students also wrote about the story “Franklin’s New Friend” and we wrote about Remembrance Day.
- We did math assessment that will be shared at conferences next week. We focused on word problems, addition, subtraction, and counting skills.
- We are learning our dolch primer sight words. In reading centers, we practiced these words, read with me, built sight words with scrabble pieces, and worked on our fine motor skills.
- In science, we created monarch butterflies using black paper and oil pastel. Students learned that monarch butterflies migrate to Mexico and the journey takes two months.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at: klLeblanc@cbe.ab.ca.
Thank you for reading!
Kelly LeBlanc ☺