We had a great first week of grade one! It has been so fun getting to know the kids! Students did a great job building new friendships and filling buckets (ask your child what that means).
- Library: Fridays – please return your child’s book in their backpack on Thursdays
- Painting: Tuesday & Wednesday – please do not dress your child in good clothes for these days.
- No School: September 13th (PD day)
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We printed the letter ‘l’ and the words ‘lion’ and ‘leaf’. Students learned about proper printing formation with the letter sitting on the baseline and printing the letter starting at the top.
- We worked in our visual journals and created a title page for our books.
- We read the story “The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn. Students created a piece of art using a sharpie, and paint. This art was sent home with your child this week. Please have your child explain the art and what the heart means.
- We cut and pasted numbers 1 – 10 in order in our math books.
- We practiced listening for the letter ‘m’ in words, and writing whether they were at the beginning or the end of each word.
We will be practicing five sight every week. Please start practicing these words at home. This is a link to a website that has flashcards. We will be working on the pre-primer words first. Thank you!
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for reading!
Katie Keil ☺