- Home Reading: Monday – please return your child’s books in their backpack on Mondays.
- Picture Day: Oct. 9th
- No School: Oct. 11th (PD day)
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We printed the letter ‘a’. Students used self-talk to remember the formation.
- We talked about Orange Shirt Day. After reading the book, “When We Were Alone”, we talked about how students should feel at school, and created watercolour feathers depicting these feeling.
- In Math, we practiced counting up to 100. We have also worked on printing numbers 0-5.
- We continue to work on literacy centers each morning. Students focus on practicing reading strategies, building sight word knowledge and letter sounds. We are lucky to have some parent volunteers for this block of time. If you wish to volunteer, please email me with the mornings that you are available. Please note: you must have an up-to-date security clearance.
To find all the sight words, please visit this website
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at: email@example.com
Thank you for reading!
Katie Keil ☺