This week in Kindergarten
We continued our animal research we learned about pandas and lions. We are very excited about our trip to the zoo on Tuesday. We have a letter coming home on Monday to prepare you for the zoo. Here is a copy of the letter to help you prepare over the weekend.
Tuesday May 29th is our field trip to the Calgary Zoo. This is a FULL DAY field trip. We are scheduled to return back to EMJ at 2:30pm for the afternoon dismissal. If your child rides the bus home from school you may send them on the school bus Tuesday afternoon when we return home. The bus drivers have been informed and will look for your child. Your child will be sent home on their regular school bus at the end of the day unless you are picking them up. Please let us know if you plan to pick them up in the afternoon so we can inform the bus drivers.
If you have any questions please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or write a note in your child’s red communication folder or you may call the school at 403-777-8500.
- A healthy lunch and snack (waste free if possible), with a water bottle.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. (Running Shoes only).
- Sunscreen and or insect repellent if necessary.
- A backpack that can hold everything your child will need as they will carry their backpack with them during our visit to the zoo.
- Please do not send umbrellas unless they fold down and fit inside your child's backpack
Please send your child to school on time, as we will be leaving the school at 9:00am. This information will also be posted on the blogs as well.
S. Watterberg and H. Reid
We did some fun ways of figuring out how to count to ten with basic addition. Some of us did 5 + 5 = 10, some of us did 3+7= 10, ask your child to share some of this fun learning with you at home.
Thank you to everyone for sending in your fundraising money for jump rope for heart. We had 5 different stations that we visited today.
- 2 helicopter skipping
- elastics ( Chinese Skipping)
- long rope skipping
- individual skipping with ropes or hula hoops
We planted our garden outside yesterday. It was fun for each person to break the soil with shovels, spades and rakes. We even had time to play outside at the park yesterday.
We hope you have a safe and fun weekend.