Work sample with assessment sent home today. Please check your child’s backpack.
- Home Reading Exchange: Monday
- Library Day: Monday
- Upcoming swimming dates: Nov. 30, Dec. 5 and Dec. 7
- Popcorn order forms due: Monday, Nov. 27
- Christmas Concert: Dec. 14 @ 6:30 pm
I will be away on Monday and Tuesday of next week. Please contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We practiced adding higher numbers together using the following strategies: the number line, math blocks or drawing a picture. We used our understanding of addition and subtraction to solve word problems.
- Our class practiced printing the letter /g/. Students assessed their own printing of this letter and the weekly sight words. Please review the assessment that was sent home today.
- Our class invited an author, Cathy Beveridge, to work with students on descriptive words. Students used their senses to brainstorm interesting words and posted them around the classroom.
- In music, students have been practicing their songs for our upcoming Christmas concert.
- We have continued working on letter sounds. This week we focused on the /g/ sound. Students put letter sounds together to spell whole words. Ask your child how to spell the following words: flag, dog, grab, smog
Next Week’s Sight Words:
Please practice these words in lower case letters.
If you have any questions or concerns please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading!