We are starting “Flashlight Fridays”! Students are welcome to bring a small flashlight on Fridays for reading time. We are going to turn out the lights, use our flashlights, and read. Kids think this is really fun and it’s a great way to encourage independent reading. If you do not have a flashlight, please don’t go buy one. We will share what we’ve got. Thank you!!!
- Home Reading: Monday
- We Are All Treaty People (performance) - Monday
- Library Day: Monday & Thursday
- No School: March 1st and March 15th
- Student Led Conferences: March 14th & 15th
- Spring Break: March 22th – 29th
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- Our class continued to work on our olden day Calgary project. We are excited to show this to you at Student Led Conferences.
- Students started writing a story about a lost dog. We are focusing on writing a beginning, middle, and ending of our stories.
- We worked with our grade 5 buddies to make kindness hearts and wrote 3 ways that we show kindness to others.
- In gym, the students played floor hockey. They worked on showing respect for their teammates and for the other team. Ask your child how they showed sportsmanship to the other teams?
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not reply to this email. I will not receive it. Please email me at:
Thank you for reading!