- Home Reading: Monday
- Library: Monday
- No School: April 19th and 22nd
- Class Picture: May 1st
Seeing-eye Dog: On April 16th, we have invited a service dog and a visually impaired person to come and talk with us. We have been learning about the science unit “Senses” and we have been learning about sight, touch, hear, smell & taste. We will be learning what it is like to be a visually impaired person and how a service dog assists them.
Past Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We began our science unit on the 5 senses. As a fun way to test our senses, we made popcorn! We brainstormed words about how the popcorn smelled, tasted, sounded like, looked like, and felt like.
- We are introducing stuck stories. This is a story when the character or something in the story gets stuck. We are reading all kinds of stuck stories including: Grandma and the Pirates and Andrew’s Loose Tooth. The students will take their knowledge of stuck stories and write their very own!
- In math, students have been working on the concept of equal and unequal. We have been solving various 2 step math word problems to reinforce this concept of equal or unequal.
- We have been talking about different endings that are added to words including: -ing, -er, -y, -s. Students have been practicing spelling words with these endings and looking for them in the books that they read.
Laura Evans ☺