We had a great first week of grade one! It has been so fun getting to know the kids! Students did a great job building new friendships.
- Library: Thursday– please return your child’s book in their backpack on Thursdays starting next week.
- Painting: Tuesday & Wednesday (this week) – please do not dress your child in good clothes for these days.
- No School: September 13th (PD day)
This Week’s Curriculum Focus:
- We printed the letter ‘l’ and wrote words ‘ladybug’ and ‘lollipop’. Students learned about proper printing formation with the letter sitting on the baseline and printing the letter starting at the top.
- We read the story “The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn. Students created a piece of art using crayon, sharpie, and paint. This art was sent home with your child this week. Please have your child explain the art and what the heart means.
- We cut and pasted numbers 1 – 10 in order in our math books.
- We met our grade 5 buddies and read stories with them.
We will be practicing five sight every week. Please start practicing these words at home. This is a link to a website that has flashcards. We will be working on the pre-primer words first. Thank you!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not reply to this email. I will not receive it. Please email me at: email@example.com
Thank you for reading!